Why You Should Wear Workout Gloves If Your Hands Aren’t 100%
Beginners in the world of fitness usually have one question: should I wear workout gloves?
Many people swear by them and believe that wearing workout gloves is beneficial. Others say that workout gloves are uncomfortable and prefer to go without them.
So, what's the verdict? Should you wear workout gloves or not?
There are always pros and cons to both arguments when it comes to workout gloves. But what you might not know is that wearing them provides great support, especially if you have injured your hands or wrists before.
The Anatomy of Your Hands
Your hands are made up of bones, joints, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Each hand has 27 bones, 29 joints, and more than 30 muscles and tendons.
The bones in your hands include the phalanges (finger bones) and the metacarpals (thumb bone). These bones are held together by ligaments and are protected by a thin layer of skin. The joints allow your hands to move in different directions. The muscles and tendons help you grip and hold objects and make fine movements.
Why You Should Wear Workout Gloves
Hands have a very delicate and complex structure. They can be easily strained with repetitive motions or too much force. This can cause pain, swelling, and even inflammation.
Wearing workout gloves:
- Provides extra support for your hands and fingers when lifting heavy weights.
- Helps absorb some of the impact of the weights on your hands. This can help reduce the risk of developing arthritis or other hand problems.
- Offers a protective barrier between your hands and the equipment you’re using. This can help to reduce the amount of friction and pressure on your muscles and tendons.
Even a little injury or minor pain can interfere with your workout. Whether you’re dealing with a chronic physical condition or worried about aggravating a previous injury, workout gloves may be a good option for you. They allow you to focus on your movements, improve your workout technique, and get better results.
Tips on How to Choose a Pair of Workout Gloves
Workout gloves are important gear for many athletes and fitness enthusiasts. They provide support for your hands and can help improve your grip during workouts. But with so many different styles and brands of gloves available, how do you know which pair is right for you?
Here are a few tips to help you choose the perfect pair of fitness gloves:
1. Consider the type of workouts you'll be doing. If you're mostly lifting weights, you'll want a pair of gloves with extra padding to protect your hands from calluses. If you're doing lots of cardio or bodyweight exercises, a thinner glove will be more comfortable.
2. Make sure the gloves fit snugly but not too tightly. You don't want them to slip off during your workout, but you also don't want them to be so tight that they cut off circulation to your hands.
3. Look for workout gloves with breathable fabric to keep your hands cool and dry during workouts.
4. Make sure the palms have a good grip so you can hold onto weights and equipment securely.
5. Consider any special features that might be helpful, such as adjustable wrist straps or built-in hand pads.
One of the most important things to consider when working out is protecting your hands. Your hands are constantly exposed to a lot of wear and tear, which can lead to serious injuries if they're not properly protected. That’s where workout gloves come in.
Fitness gloves aren't just for calluses, they also help to compress the muscles in your hands and fingers. This compression helps to increase blood flow and reduce inflammation. In turn, this can help reduce the risk of injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis.