Discover 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Awful Ankle Injuries
by Celavirgie Bautista July 26, 2021
Ankle injuries are common and sometimes one awkward step is all it takes for you to experience the dreaded ankle injuries. It’s prudent to know the steps that you can take to prevent foot and ankle injuries so you can take your best foot forward.
- Warm up before you exercise or do any sports – Warming up prepares your body and prevents injuries.
- Build muscle strength – Maintaining muscle strength is important and helps reduce overuse injuries.
- Improve your balance – You can avoid ankle injuries by improving your balance. Fortunately, there are simple things that you can do like practicing balancing on one foot when doing light upper body exercise.
- Do stretching exercises every day – Adding stretching as a part of your daily routine is a good move for your overall health. It keeps your muscles flexible, strong, and healthy.
- Eat a well-balanced diet – You’ve probably heard the phrase “you are what you eat.” If you want to be healthy, good nutrition is the key.
- Do cross-training – Prevent problems caused by overtraining by mixing things up. Doing different types of exercise works more muscle groups and lessens the risk of injury caused by overuse and repetition.
- Wear sport-specific shoes – The right shoes won’t only improve your performance but also help you avoid injuries.
- Use ankle braces – Don’t hesitate to use braces to prevent injuries. And if you’ve experienced ankle injuries before, you could greatly benefit from wearing an ankle brace.
- Listen to your body – If you experience ankle pain while doing a sport or an exercise, don’t put off seeing a doctor. Prompt and appropriate treatment ensures the fastest recovery.
Shop for ankle braces.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device