Say Goodbye to Weak Knees with these 6 Strengthening Exercises
Your knees absorb a huge amount of pressure with every step making them highly prone to injuries. If you want to live a comfortable pain-free life, keeping your knees strong and healthy is extremely important.
The following exercises can help your knees feel younger.
1. Lie on your back with one leg bent and the other straight.
2. Raise your straight leg to the height of the opposite knee.
3. Hold it for 3-5 seconds.
4. Slowly lower your leg back down to the floor.
5. Repeat two more times and switch sides.
1. Hold on to the back of a chair for balance and stand straight with the knees only 1-2 inches apart.
2. Slowly bend one knee and bring your heels as close to your buttocks.
3. Hold it for 305 seconds.
4. Slowly lower your leg.
5. Repeat two more times with the same leg and switch sides.
1. Place two chairs on either side for balance.
2. Lift one leg slightly in front of you.
3. Slowly lower yourself down a few inches placing your weight onto the heel of your supporting leg.
4. Hold for 3-5 seconds.
5. Slowly straighten up.
6. Repeat two more times with the same leg and switch sides.
1. Step one foot on a step bench or a platform not taller than 6 inches.
2. Lift your other foot on the floor not letting it touch the step bench or platform.
3. Hold for 305 seconds.
4. Slowly lower the hanging foot down and then follow it with your stepping foot.
5. Repeat and switch sides.
1. Stand with your head, back, and hips against a wall.
2. Step both feet about 2 feet from the wall, hip-width apart.
3. Slowly slide down the wall just above a normal sitting position.
4. Hold for 5-10 seconds then slowly slide up.
SIDE LEG RAISES
1. Lie on one side with your legs stacked.
2. Bend the bottom leg for support.
3. Straighten the top leg and raise it to 45 degrees.
4. Hold for 5 seconds, lower, and repeat 10-15 times.
5. Switch sides and repeat.
These knee strengthening exercises are helpful to keep your knees healthy. Please consult a health professional if you experience sharp shooting pain.