The 5 Best Core Strengthening Exercises You Can Do in Less Than 10 Minutes
Core exercises are a great way to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle. They have been proven to not only help you build muscle, but also work your abs, arms, and back.
Strengthening your core is like giving your body, mind, and spirit one powerful punch in the gut. Core exercises result in less back pain, fewer aches and pains, better balance, and improved posture, and more endurance. If your core muscles are weak, you increase the risk of injury.
Whether you're trying to get fit or maintain a healthy lifestyle, these exercises are sure to be effective! The best part is that they take less than 10 minutes.
What are the 5 best core exercises?
Plank is one of the best core exercises available to help reduce the risk of back pain. This exercise works your entire body by working on the muscles in your torso, arm, butt, legs, feet, and even your brain.
If you're looking for a strong core workout that doesn't require any equipment, try performing a plank exercise for at least 30 seconds.
How To Do Plank
- Lay with your elbows under your shoulders and your forearm flat on the floor.
- Engage your core and raise your body up on the floor until it is in a straight line from head to feet. Remember not to let your head drop.
The reverse crunch is a great core exercise because it strengthens the back muscles while also stretching out the lower body. It activates your deep core muscles which help you maintain good posture. It also enhances sports performance, agility, and balance.
How To Do Reverse Crunch
- Lie on your back with your knees bent to your chest.
- Lower your feet down to the ground slowly without touching the ground.
- Bring your knees back up to your chest. Try 10 to 15 reps for 3 sets.
Bird Dog Crunch
The bird dog crunch is a simple core exercise that focuses on the strength, stability, and overall health of your core and lower back. Plus, it improves your balance and sculpts your abs.
How To Do Bird Dog Crunch
- Get on all fours on a mat. Stretch one arm long while drawing your abs in and extend the opposite leg long behind you.
- Next, bring your elbow and knee in towards your center. As you round your back draw in your abs.
- Repeat for 10 to 15 reps then switches sides.
Bicycle Crunch Sitting
The bicycle crunch sitting is a great exercise for your abs. This particular exercise boasts so many benefits. It hits your obliques and lower/mid-back muscles and can improve your coordination.
How To Do Bicycle Crunch Sitting
- Sit with a slight bend at your knees.
- Bring your right knee up and your left elbow down towards each other. Repeat on the other side.
- Try 10 to 15 reps for 3 sets.
Your glutes are powerful muscles that give you strength in your lower back, contribute to mobility throughout the spine, help control posture, reduce the risk of injury, and enable you to do more each day. When done correctly, this exercise will also strengthen your hamstrings which might be extra important for athletes.
How To Do Glute Bridge
- Lie on your back with your hands on the floor, knees bent, and feet flat on the ground.
- Lift your hips off the ground until your knees, hips, and shoulders form a straight line. Remember to squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips.
- Hold your position for a couple of seconds before easing back down. Try 10 to 15 reps for 3 sets.
Proper Form and Technique
The key to performing these exercises properly is maintaining correct form while breathing in and exhaling through your nose. Having a strong core is one of the most important parts of your workout. These five exercises have been proven to not only help you build muscle, but also work your abs, arms, and back.